Sunday, November 18, 2007

another year has come and gone



i canNOT believe that it is time for another thanksgiving. another year has come and gone. it makes me think back and ponder those things that i have accomplished this year. this is what i have come up with. feel free to add any i have failed to mention.
-i have made many new friends who i love and in whom i have learned a lot from. i have figured out once again this year what real friendship is and how to be a true friend. i have had many friends testify to me how to be a real friend while at the same time this year i have had many friends illustrate what not to do. i am grateful for both experiences which has molded me into a stronger person and better friend.
-i have matured once again in every aspect of my life. as i am nearing 23 years old i dont feel it. i still feel young at heart, but as each year progresses and opportunities happen i have become more sophisticated in my approach and been made strong in my actions and thoughts. there have been many scary/out of my element/out of my comfort zone/nerve racking experiences this year and for the most part i have come off conquer. with that i have learned oddles of things about myself that i know i have never known before. i am grateful to be ever changing and ever developing into the person i want to be.
-i have actually completed 3 novels. for a few years now i have started many books and would continue to start another which in result put on hold the finishing of any of them. but this year, within the last few months i have picked up a new book and have finished that one and the other 2 in the series. it has been awhile since i have been able to do that and it feels fantastic. i love reading and wish i was more devoted to it. someday i hope to get away and read for a month every book that i have wanted to read.
-i have been able to develop more the talents i pocess and have found once again how much i really love using them. opportunities to use my talents have continued to increase and i have a HUGE dream and ambition for them that i know will be coming to surface in the near future and i await it patiently but with eager open arms. with that i have made steps BIGGER steps toward my goals, steps that i never thought i would be taking. steps that are scary to me but at the same time i feel at complete peace about. i know what i am capable of and have decided to not hide from it any longer.
-i have changed my taste this year. my taste in music/style/fashion/art. i have been able to define who i am better this year. this has been a good year for putting into perspective who i am and how i feel.
-i have set new eating goals and have achieved them.
-my testimony has been strengthened once again this year and i am grateful for that.
-i have decided to be me and not try and be like anyone else
-i have camped
-i went to a mariners game
-i encouraged others to do and be good
-although i didnt travel to anywhere amazing, do something completly dangerous, didnt complete all my goals for the year including that scarf i started last year; i still lived. i took in what i could and made the best out of circumstances i wish i wasnt in. i learned my limits and didnt push them. the year isnt over and i know there is still more ahead. i am happy for the new year to be beginning and to see what awaits me.

No comments: