Tuesday, February 17, 2009

success!

in my design and color class we have been meeting in our groups working on a presentation; let me tell you about that presentation. our group was given the element of design "texture" and we each had to chose a characteristic of texture and show that through our design. we could only use the value scale; from black to white, and we had to have a theme. so our groups theme was emotion. so we each chose an emotion and a characteristic of texture. mine were love and collage. so i had to teach collage thru using texture while showing love. we had a certain size we had to build on 20x26. the picture above doesn't do much justice but it took me hours and hours and hours to do this piece. a ton of sewing later and a few pretty bucks i finally finished it! it is sewed on canvas and the layering of fabric i crinkled to give texture, type is a form of texture both in itself and the actual feel of 3D type, i sewed on pearls, made cool puff balls out of tool, and used textured paper that i sewed on. i dont feel like explaining why i did what i did, but know that with collage its important to have variety, but have unity.

so. today was the day of presenting. our group was dressed like professionals and looked good. my group last week nominated me to be the main speaker for our presentation. so i introduced our group and talked set up what we did as a group. then i talked about my piece and then after each person explained their pieces i then went back up and wrapped up our presentation. our group did so great. they were all strong and did such a good job explaining their pieces. afterwards the class discusses our presentation and gives us feedback. well. the class loved mine! my teacher talked very highly of it and couldn't find anything wrong with it! i rocked that presentation today! afterwards i received my grade and i got 400/400! after working so hard, thinking about and working on for many hours it felt so good that people saw the great design and saw all that i had worked for. it just made my day.

also, did i tell you that every other week i have an english paper to turn in to my group and each paper has been voted by my group as either the top paper or the top two? great huh?

it has been a hard and challenging semester in soooo many ways, but has been very rewarding too. i just need to keep it up!

3 comments:

kaitlin said...

monica.
you rock.
good jobbbb!!

The Hulbert Family said...

Awesome! I do miss being able to skip over and check out Julene and your new creations. I am always amazed! I am just not the creative!

Natalie said...

I'm just jealous, that's all.