Wednesday, July 01, 2009

i kinda just had a revelation.

upon hearing that i am a graphic designer/photographer the question, "what do you want to do with that" always follows.

i usually do not know how to answer this for a few reasons...

1. i want to do many many things. do i tell them all those things i want to do? did they really know what they were getting themselves into when asking? here is just a few things to show you why it may be hard...
i want to...
- be an art/creative director
- work for a magazine(any kind of layout work)
- create window displays
- own wedding planning business
- be a fashion photographer
- have my OWN booth at a festival/pike place markert(dream)
- have my own line of postcards/coffee table book
- write a children's book
- own a boutique
GOSH so much more

2. don't really like talking about myself. i don't know how to. i think it's a bit weird when people talk a whole lot about themselves so i have never been one for talking about myself.

okay, so maybe there are only two reasons that cause me to struggle.


but tonight, i discovered how to best answer that question. all i know is...

i want to make beautiful things and make things beautiful for the rest of my life.


cuz that pretty much sums it up.

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Love this post and all your fabulous dreams!

Unknown said...

you be an art/creative director and i'll be your photographer. yes?

Leah said...

I totally feel the same way although I'm definitely on the less artistic side of things.

There are so many things I would love to do. I guess it's just important to keep dreaming and everything will turn out magically. You seem to have that part covered.