Friday, September 25, 2009

stop leaving me!

i feel like i hardly ever, if ever have written on my blog something negative. regardless if i have or not, today is the day. maybe it is just in the heat of the moment and so i feel extremely aggravated and feel the need to share this~ a huge pet peeve of mine is when someone leaves me behind. maybe that is a silly thing to be annoyed about? maybe it is me with the problem, maybe i am just overly aware of the people i am with and care too much about their feelings to not leave them? or care too much to not inform them "i am going over there" or "i am doing this and i will be right back" or "just so you know where i am...."...maybe that is too much to ask of someone? maybe, it is normal to leave people? i am not talking about a brief walk away...i do that...but rather a full on leave when you are supposed to be with that person.
this has happened a few times lately with different people. either i went with someone somewhere or met up with them and then while at the place they just walk off and go off with someone else...is that normal? or is it normal to say, "hey i will be right back" or "hey we are going over here, you can come if you want." it would be okay if that person(me) was with someone else so they were atleast not standing alone. does this just happen to me? maybe i am the only one being left behind? i think it is a huge turn off on someones character(girl or boy)...maybe i am being too dramatic?

2 comments:

The Momma said...

Honestly I don't think you're being dramatic. I think it is extremely rude. What a strange thing to do. I am wondering if this is the same person multiple times or different people? So obviously their priorities change and you are therefore left because you are not on the top of the list. (Oh my gosh, Harry Connick Jr is on Oprah singing "I will love you until the end of time, come what may..." Oh love.) See how I did that? I was paying attention to you, then I quickly turned to another subject and person, then I quickly turned back to you! Thats a good lesson for these people or "friends" that are doing this to you. I don't know what I would do in your situation...continue to shrug it off and let it not bug you or what? Confront them? That would only make things awkward, but maybe awkward is the only way. Ummm, hello people are freakishly selfish.

kaitlin said...

i'm sorry.
you're not being weird or dramatic, that's just not nice.
say something? they are you're good friends...